Learn how to manage your own website like a PRO using Joomla! 1.5.
Our course covers the following topics.
- Joomla Installation and setup
- Overview of a Joomla website and administration areas
- Joomla basics: History, Terminology, Standard features, Joomla updates and future versions, Global configuration, Media manager, Trash manager, User manager
- Joomla Resources: Joomla.org, forums, support, extensions, etc
Content Management (How to add/edit pages)
- Content Management basics
- How to structure your website content using Joomla!
- How and when to use sections and categories
- How to set up a basic navigation menu to display your content
- How to manage the frontpage of your website
Menus (How to setup/edit menus)
- Joomla! menu basics
- How to create a menu and menu module
- How to create and manage menu items
- How to control menu modules
Optimizing your site with extensions
- How to choose the right extensions for your every day needs
- Must have extensions that you can't live without
- Extension Installation
- Template Adjustments
Search Engine Optimization
- Using 3rd party extensions to optimize search engine visibility
- Optimizing your site using keywords, title and description
- Tools to help you optimize your Joomla website
- Tracking your results
- Robert Gardner (3 year veteran of Joomla! and active contributor)
Additional Items provided
- PDF Documentation on covered items plus support forum for ongoing support
Santa Clarita Web & IT
27200 Tourney Road #340
Valencia, Ca 91355
Additional Items We Offer
- Advanced and specialize training topics, inquire for details.
For registration information and additional questions please contact us.